A new house has many moving parts. It can seem like there’s no end to the swirling documents and contacts, insurance information, mortgage documents and new bill payment accounts, to a number of contractors offering who-knowswhat services.
With the ability to store all of this information digitally comes the burden of sorting out the noise. On the one hand, you probably don’t want your spammed inbox of people offering to mow your lawn. On the other hand, who knows when you might need to remember the name and number of the moving company you used?
The good news is that you don’t have to condemn yourself or your partner’s inbox to all this information. Instead, you must create a dedicated email for your home.
Benefits of a Dedicated Personal Email
Gone are the days of just one person at home knowing exactly where to find that insurance information in that filing cabinet. in the basement.
- Everything in one place. Creating an email account for your home will only take a few minutes, but will pay you back years. Now you will have a designated place to send and find all documents and contact information related to the house. Your digital records will be organized safely and easily, and you’ll know exactly where to look if you need to find contact information for a random contractor three years from now.
- Consolidated power/work in the household. Sure, someone in your household could create a folder for anything household-related. But thEven though your family shares the power and work at home in this way, life is uncertain. It helps to have a dedicated email that everyone has equal access to in case someone is aable to connect. (Not to mention that a folder for anything home related is going to be one hell of a cluttered folder.)
- Clean up your own inbox. Create your new home email before you start the moving process is idealso you can direct all information related to the move to in the right place (and away from your personal or work email) the beginning. But even if you’ve been living at home for years, setting up a dedicated email address now can ease your personal email folders and give you a new opportunity get organised, move forward what you might want for the future, and purge what you know you no longer need.
Reminders for your personal email
- Create Descriptive Folders in Household Emailso you can easily find a “lease agreement” versus a “drywall type” whenever you need it.
- Make sure everyone agrees on the password and store it in a safe place.
- Only use this email account for household related things. If you start using it as a repository for all sorts of spam, it loses its purpose as a small but mighty home hack.
A separate email account for your home is a game-changer in terms of organization. Dedicated home email ensures that anyone with the password can find what they need, when they need it.