The official LBRY desktop app updated today for Windows devices. This latest update brings the app to version 0.52.6 and brings improvements to disk space management and media sorting in addition to fixing a number of app crash bugs.
Here are the release notes for the LBRY desktop version 0.52.6 update:
- Discover the average page duration filter (#7506)
- Keep last used collection for Append to (#7491)
- Disk space feature on mac/windows (#7500)
- Enable renaming of private collections (#7519)
- Some upgrade modal improvements (#7488)
- Updated lbry-sdk to 0.107.1
- New YRBL! ; facelift for the first run (#7527)
- Failed to increment comment count (#7510)
- Application crash when playing media on older versions of Windows when updating Electron (#7509)
- Local build failures on mac (#7497)
- Changing language now renders the whole application (#7504)
- Mac Notarization (#7518)
- Prevent crash when deleting last comment reply (#7526)
LBRY, pronounced “Library”, is a blockchain project that aims to create a decentralized web hosting solution for video, audio, and other media. All users who download the desktop client basically help host parts of the LBRY network, while anyone can also download almost anything on the service using the same application.
Once files are uploaded to the LBRY blockchain, they can be accessed within the LBRY app or using an alternative interface such as Odysee, which is essentially a YouTube rival that primarily focuses on LBRY-hosted videos.
Need more new techniques? Follow us on twitter and Facebook.
Share this post: