Yesterday hosted the 39th Golden Joystick Awards, which were featured as a fully digital event on YouTube and Twitch, and below you’ll find a full list of all the winners.
Hosted by Unexploredby Emily Rose and Nolan North, the event featured 20 categories voted on by the public and two that were managed by critics. “Millions” of votes were cast in total, offering the list below.
The 2021 Golden Joystick Awards winners are:
- Best narration: Life is Strange: True Colors
- Best Multiplayer Game: It takes two
- Best sound: Resident Evil: Village
- Better visual design: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart
- Best game expansion: Ghost of Tsushima: Iki Island
- Mobile Game of the Year: League of Legends: Savage Rift
- Best game material: Playstation 5
- Best Indie Game: The door of death
- Studio of the year: Capcom
- Best performer: Maggie Robertson (Lady Dimitrescu in Resident Evil: Village)
- Breakthrough price: Housemarque (critical choice)
- Best gaming community: Final Fantasy XIV
- Price still in play: Final Fantasy XIV
- PC Game of the Year: Hitman 3
- Nintendo Game of the Year: Terror Metroid
- Xbox Game of the Year: Psychonauts 2
- PlayStation Game of the Year: Resident Evil: Village
- Most Wanted Game: Ancient ring
- Critics’ Choice Award: Deathloop (critical choice)
- Ultimate Game of the Year: Resident Evil: Village
- Best gaming gear ever: Personal computer (PC)
- Ultimate game of all time: Dark souls
As you can see, Nintendo titles haven’t really performed well – Metroid Dread won the Nintendo specific category, but others have failed to beat their opponents on the rival platform. A full list of the original nominees can be found here (Ultimate Game of All Time nominees here).
Do you agree with this list of winners? Something you would change if you had the chance?
Let us know in the comments below, and congratulations to all the winners!