Hello and welcome to this week’s episode of Found. The podcast in which we get into the stories behind startups. This week, Everly Health Founder and CEO Julia Cheek talks about taking steps to revolutionize healthcare by helping patients access all kinds of medical tests and, in doing so, empowering providers with the data they need to provide the best care possible. Darrell and Jordan first met Julia at TechCrunch Disrupt in 2016 when she was a self-proclaimed “fish out of water.” In this episode, she shares how she went from a first-time founder to a capable CEO and leader who strategically acquired businesses to create a holistic, vertically integrated home testing business. Tune in to hear them discuss:
- How Everly Health developed the first FDA-approved at-home COVID-19 test and why it was more than a pivot for the company.
- Changing behavioral patterns within the healthcare system to empower patients through home testing that will also allow doctors to have the data they need when a patient arrives. For this big shift to happen, Everly Health can’t be the only success story in space.
- Becoming a company of more than 600 people is not easy. Julia talks about the growing pains that occurred when Everlywell became Everly Health by acquiring two healthcare companies and how that affected her leadership style. Plus, she shares her thoughts on building a sustainable business that isn’t tied directly to one specific person.
Everly Health is an Austin-based company. Don’t miss this week’s TechCrunch City Spotlight on Austin, Texas. RSVP to join the conversation on Hopin.
Take our listener survey and tell us a bit more about yourself and what you think of FOUND.
Connect with us:
- At Twitter
- At instagram
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us and leave a voicemail at (510) 936-1618