Department of Science and Technology of BNU-HKBU United International College is looking for exceptionally motivated researchers to develop image processing and machine learning methods for medical imaging in projects funded by the provincial government.
Applications are invited from candidates with experience in machine learning, computer vision, image processing or related fields, and preferably familiar with 3D methods and tools for medical image analysis (segmentation, registration, ITK). The candidate will benefit from the interdisciplinary research environment of Beijing Normal University, Hong-Kong Baptist University and public hospitals in Zhuhai.
- Lead or participate in research projects to apply and develop advanced machine learning, computer vision and medical image processing techniques for disease diagnosis and treatments based on the image data obtained from hospitals.
- Publish research papers and participate in writing grant proposals.
- Other research related activities assigned by the Director.
- PhD (for senior fellow) or master (for junior fellow) in computer science, electrical or biomedical engineering, or a related field with a research focus on machine learning, computer vision, medical image processing and/or magnetic resonance imaging.
- Proficiency in Matlab or high-performance programming with Python, C.
- High quality publications are desired.
- Evidence of ability to independently lead a research project and collaborate with others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
A competitive compensation package will be offered that is commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the appointee. Vacancies will be opened immediately until filled, and early applications will be given priority.
Interested applicants may send a Cover Letter and CV to Prof. Amy Zhang at firstname.lastname@example.org.