January 14, 2022 – Application submissions are now open for the ISC High Performance Student Volunteer Program. The application deadline is February 13.
ISC High Performance 2022, the event for high performance computing, machine learning and data analytics, runs from May 29 to June 2, 2022 in Hamburg, Germany. Students pursuing undergraduate or graduate studies in computer science or other STEM-related fields with an interest in high-performance computing are eligible to apply for the Student Volunteer Program.
“We are looking for dedicated and reliable young people to help us organize our conference, which will be attended by approximately 3,000 HPC practitioners, users and suppliers,” the event organizers said. “In return, you will have the opportunity to attend tutorials, conferences, workshops, the exhibition and selected evenings.”
Volunteering will give students the chance to meet leading HPC researchers and developers in all facets of science, education and business. The program has enabled former volunteers to access internships, doctoral admissions and jobs.
Application deadline: February 13, 2022.
Notification of acceptance: February 24, 2022.
There are a number of benefits of volunteering listed on the event page:
- Access to tutorials, conferences and workshops, according to your daily work rhythm
- Access to the show and possibility to speak to all exhibitors
- Entrance to parties
- Accommodation (out-of-town volunteers only) in shared double rooms
- Meals during conference hours
- Conference Proceedings
- The intangible value of networking with renowned HPC experts, business users, influencers and future employers.
Responsibilities and duties are also listed and include:
- Volunteers must be enrolled in a full-time doctoral, masters or undergraduate program at the time of the conference.
- Volunteers must be able to speak fluent English.
- Volunteers must be willing to work* a minimum of approximately 25 hours before and during the conference (must be available from May 27 to June 3, 2022).
- Volunteers are solely responsible for their travel expenses. In some cases, your school may be able to help you.
- Volunteers are fully vaccinated or completely cured of coronavirus disease (official medical confirmation is required).
- Pre-conference and during-conference duties may include tasks such as assisting with registration of participants, doorman during conference sessions, operating microphones for members of the public during sessions, providing a providing technical support to the ISCnet team or event technicians, monitoring catering areas, counting session attendees, and other similar tasks.
Application requirements include:
- Short cover letter
- Short Curriculum Vitae (CV) / Summary
- Valid and dated student identity card or matriculation certificate
- Official letter of recommendation signed by the recommending professor
- Official confirmation by medical authorities of full vaccination against Covid-19 or full recovery
ISC High Performance 2022 is committed to inclusivity, organizers say: “We encourage minority STEM students to use this forum as a springboard. This is your chance to gain insight into HPC in academia, research and in the commercial environment.
Applicants with questions or comments may contact Ms. Colleen Sheedy, Human Resources Development Manager. Contact her via the form available here.
Source: ISC High Performance 2022